As a valued customer, we wanted to update you on the steps PFM Packaging Machinery are taking in relation to minimising the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Our manufacturing sites are based in Italy in the affected areas. However, our production and after sales departments including spare parts shipments are all fully operational. As with the UK operation staff who can work from home will continue to do so with the aid of video or telephone conferencing where possible. We are still manufacturing our machinery, fulfilling customer orders and providing aftersales support for our installed base throughout the world.
From the UK we have increased our spares stock and our spares, service and sales teams are all fully operational.
We have stock in the UK of a wide range of our machinery including flowrappers, multihead weighers and vertical machines. If you have to react to increased demand from your customers in this difficult time, we are here to help wherever we can.
In order to achieve this, we will follow the guidelines below:
In accordance with UK government advice and advice issued by the World Health Organisation (WHO), we will be making some changes to our travel and operation policies.
- Travel restrictions will be in place with immediate effect, to ensure we do not visit affected countries, additionally all visitors to our premises will be screened via a questionnaire on arrival to minimise risk.
- Staff who can work from home will do so minimising the numbers of personnel in the office at any time.
- Our field service and sales teams will continue to travel throughout the UK; all members of these teams have been assessed for recent travel activity to any affected areas, and confirmed to be clear in this regard. These assessments will continue on a regular basis until the risk has passed.
- Our spare parts department is operational, parts are being despatched as normal and deliveries from our suppliers are being received as normal.
- Additionally, we have new machines in stock for those customers looking to order with a short lead time.
- We will of course comply fully with any specific requirements our business partners may have to ensure the safety of their own operation.
- Wherever possible meetings will be conducted via video or telephone conference to avoid unnecessary travel and contact.
We do source some of our technology and supplies from outside of the UK, all supply routes have been evaluated and lead time increases understood wherever possible.
The situation is a rapidly changing one, and we are mindful of the various ways the virus may impact our operations and employees. But we are determined, as I am sure you are, to overcome this situation and come out the other side in a robust way and by doing this help protect and support your business at this difficult time.
Sales & Operations Director